As the result of change to the legal, cash tender in this country, most of the ATMS in my neighborhood have a sign hung hastily on the door letting all-comers know that there is NO CASH available. As I have learned recently, it is jarring and even a little scary to discover that cash can become worthless in a blink of an eye. As I have been navigating this process the last few months, Father has reminded me again and again of what his Word says in Matthew 6 about the fleeting nature of earthly treasures. In this time, He is also reminding me of how I can be confident that my treasure in heaven cannot be destroyed. I am never going to wake up and discover the hope I have put in Him is now worthless. I am never going to wake up and discover that which I have done in pursuit of His Kingdom is pointless. That is why I set my mind and heart on the things of heaven and a treasure that will never fade.
My idea for this blog is simple. Father has promised to meet all of our needs - day by day. As I live this life He has called me to, I am simply going to take one day at a time. I am trusting Him to give me each day my daily bread. I know He will show himself faithful.
Sunday, January 22, 2017
a TREASURE that does not fade
As the result of change to the legal, cash tender in this country, most of the ATMS in my neighborhood have a sign hung hastily on the door letting all-comers know that there is NO CASH available. As I have learned recently, it is jarring and even a little scary to discover that cash can become worthless in a blink of an eye. As I have been navigating this process the last few months, Father has reminded me again and again of what his Word says in Matthew 6 about the fleeting nature of earthly treasures. In this time, He is also reminding me of how I can be confident that my treasure in heaven cannot be destroyed. I am never going to wake up and discover the hope I have put in Him is now worthless. I am never going to wake up and discover that which I have done in pursuit of His Kingdom is pointless. That is why I set my mind and heart on the things of heaven and a treasure that will never fade.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.