So most of you have probably heard me mention this before, but there is never a dull moment in this country. This time around I am living in a megacity for the first time in my life, and I am constantly made aware of this fact by the never-ending buzzing and humming that inevitably exists in a city with over 10 million people. There are days when I long for some peace and quiet, some solitude and rest from the hustling and bustling of big city life. However, there are those days when I have to admit that big city life really does have some perks. For instance, last week I used the fanciest public toilet I have ever seen in this county. So occasionally one can find public use toilets in the big cities, but generally it is not a pleasant experience for reasons that I am sure you can imagine, and so I won't waste the space describing the environment. Suffice to say it is not anyone's best life now. However last week I saw a sign advertising "She Toilets" hanging above something that looked like a fancy porta-potty. Now I usually try to avoid using public restrooms like the plague, but this situation presented a conundrum for me because I was also very curious about these flashy looking "She Toilets." I stood before the silver, space-like boxes staring for several minutes while a battle raged within me. Would common decency and my aversion to such places prevail, or would my curiosity and the desire to have a great story to tell get the best of me? If you who know me well, you know which side won out. Yes it's true. I couldn't resist the urge to try out the new elaborate lavatory. And since there is really no graceful way to describe a bathroom, I have attached a few pics. The whole point of this random post is this, sometimes big city life isn't that bad.

 |
Basically you put the equivalent of 3 pennies in the money box on the left, then the door unlocks and you are free to proceed inside. On the inside of the door, there was a button you could press to have the floor washed after your exit. I felt like Ellie Mae Clampett trying to figure the thing out. There are not bathrooms like this in the village that's for sure. As an added bonus, there was some classic Whitney Houston playing inside.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.