Saturday, April 13, 2013

I'm going to Kansas City. Kansas City here I come!

Now that I only have 10 days left, I have started to think in earnest about what awaits me back at home.  These are just a few of the things I'm looking forward to upon my return to KC.
  • Family and friends, most of whom I haven't seen for 2 years. 
  • Central AC
  • Reliable Electric
  • The freedom to do physical activity outdoors - biking, playing catch, Frisbee, basketball, running - all the things girls can't do where I currently live.
  • My mom's home cooking
  • Playing the piano
  • Worshipping with my Frazier family
  • Being able to speak freely and openly
  • Not having to ask permission to do things just because I'm a woman
  • Quiet outdoors
  • Wide open spaces
  • Watching sports other than cricket and soccer on TV and in person
  • Beef!!!
  • Bacon (and all other pork products)
  • Grilling brats, burgers, steaks, and veggies in the backyard
  • Kansas City BBQ
  • Starbucks
  • Sonic Happy Hour
  • Braums
  • Cooking in a real oven and not the toaster oven I've been using for the last 2 years
  • People standing in lines at the store as opposed to the globular push fest that happens here
  • Knowing all grocery stores stock toilet paper
  • Watching a movie on TV as opposed to my laptop
  • Sweet Corn
  • Sun-brewed ice tea
  • Cheese 
  • Cow's milk
  • Salads
  • Deli meat
  • Walking in the door and smelling a roast that has been in the crock pot all day
  • Online bill payment
  • A broom with a long handle
  • Public trash cans
  • Drinking water from the tap
  • High counter tops
  • Sleeping in my own bed
  • Wearing my hair down in public
  • Sitting on the porch swing at my parents' house
  • Bathtubs
  • Drinking out of large glasses
  • Crushed Ice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.