Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Beauty

 
There are no words to describe the beauty of God's creation that I have the chance to encounter living in this part of the world.  Too often, surrounded by the dirt, pollution, and poverty that seems to be everywhere, I forget that this is also a beautiful place that cries out in praise to our Creator.   On a recent trip to the country side, I was reminded again how the skies do indeed display his craftsmanship.  The sky was so blue it took my breath away.  In our travels we came upon an old fort which gave the perfect view of the surrounding snow-capped mountains and provided the opportunity to explore and take some awesome photos.  This day, despite going nothing at all like we planned, became an instant favorite for all involved.  It will stick out in my memory for years to come as a day when my heart couldn't help but burst out in thanksgiving and praise.
 
 

Check out that blue sky! Breathtaking!
In what other part of the world can you just stumble upon an old fort surrounded by mountains?

The first of many photo-ops for me and LHug.


I love this picture.
The guys enjoyed playing their own version of parkour which of course
made the nurse in me extremely nervous.
 
This was the view in every direction.  Awesome.
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord from the heavens; praise him in the heights! Ps 148:1




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.