Thursday, September 20, 2012

Stating The Obvious

I love it when people here state the obvious because really without their help I wouldn't know things like - I sweat a lot, it's hot, I'm a foreigner, my language is bad, I'm not married, I've gained a few pounds, etc.  Yesterday was the perfect example of it happening in a progression.  Here is a little excerpt of a conversation I had while visiting with my neighbor. 

Neighbor: "Your skin is bad.  What is that on your forehead? Pimples?"
Me: "Yes, it's from the heat."
Neighbor: "Why are your arms so hairy? You don't wax?"
Me: "No."
Neighbor: "Why aren't you married?"
Me: "I don't know."  Thinking to myself, it seems to me you just pointed out a few reasons.

It's not all bad though.  She did offer to come to my house and give me a facial.  As it turns out she is employed in a beauty shop, and she is going to bring all her supplies and give me "the works".  I think she considers it a test of her skill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.