Part two of this three part feature is all about the sudden appearance of traffic lights in the city. I find the addition to be especially perplexing for several different reasons. First, there are already stop signs. Of course I was under the impression they were merely decorative as no one stops at them. Second, because of the British influence on my country, there are roundabouts everywhere, and I have always been under the impression that the purpose of the roundabout is to eliminate the need for lights and stopping. Not here though. Every roundabout in town has been recently remodeled with lights at every entry point. This is what is especially amazing though because prior to the lights, I never remember sitting in traffic at the roundabouts, but now it is a common occurrence. Finally, I don't think the lights have actually helped the traffic situation as much as hoped because as one friend recently shared, people aren't quite sure how to drive with the lights just yet. I have already witnessed several cars running reds. All of that to say, while I'm shocked by the advancement that has happened to my city in such a short time, I will still continue to be extremely cautious on the roads, stoplights or no.
Tomorrow concludes the feature on the westernization of my city. Anyone have a guess about the latest and greatest addition? Tune in tomorrow and find out!
| Not the best pic, but I'm so proud of how my little town is growing that I just had to share. |
Tomorrow concludes the feature on the westernization of my city. Anyone have a guess about the latest and greatest addition? Tune in tomorrow and find out!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.