Monday, September 24, 2012

Bright Lights, Big City (finale)

The golden arches have arrived!  Again we had no idea it was coming.  One day an expat friend was eating at this restaurant in our town that is on top of a hotel and rotates so you can see the whole city, and all of a sudden he saw the golden arches gleaming forth like a beacon of light only 2 blocks from where he was.  Unbelievable.  Call me Thomas but I refused to believe it till I saw it with my own eyes.  Naturally some friends and I had to go check it out.  It was great!  Not really the food, although the fries weren't bad, but just the experience.  Of course we had to comment on the irony of eating at a McDonald's that only serves chicken while we saw a number of cows pass the restaurant outside on the street. 

Like a moth to a flame, the golden arches draws in the foreigners.

Isn't it glorious?

Do we look excited or what?!!

The fries taste just like I remember.  Or maybe I've just been gone so long I've forgotten what they taste like.  Either way - they were good.

As you can tell, we enjoyed ourselves.

What trip to McD's would be complete without Ronald?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.