I had to leave the country recently so I got the chance to meet up with some old friends. I had the best time catching up. I only stayed in their country for less than 24 hours, but we packed as much fun into the time as possible. The culture of the region where they live is a little more relaxed than where I live so I took full advantage by painting my nails, wearing Western clothes, exercising in the great outdoors, letting my hair cascade down around my shoulders, and by eating a lot of really great food. So I guess in reality the culture there is actually a LOT more relaxed than my city. (Surprisingly, of all the stuff I just listed the thing I missed the most was being able to go for a jog. You might have guessed that I missed a certain meat product the most, but after a year of doing nothing but excercise videos, it was nice to hit the streets with my iPod and running shoes. I am able to walk in a local park in my city, but I don't get quite the same high as I do from taking a run.) We also went to a local garden and took in the beauty. It was nice to just sit in a peaceful environment and catch up on each other's lives. It had been over a year since I had seen these girls, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with these dear friends. Father really used them to minister to my spirit at a time when my heart was discouraged. Thank you Father for making us for community.
My idea for this blog is simple. Father has promised to meet all of our needs - day by day. As I live this life He has called me to, I am simply going to take one day at a time. I am trusting Him to give me each day my daily bread. I know He will show himself faithful.
Thursday, May 10, 2012
Old Friends
I had to leave the country recently so I got the chance to meet up with some old friends. I had the best time catching up. I only stayed in their country for less than 24 hours, but we packed as much fun into the time as possible. The culture of the region where they live is a little more relaxed than where I live so I took full advantage by painting my nails, wearing Western clothes, exercising in the great outdoors, letting my hair cascade down around my shoulders, and by eating a lot of really great food. So I guess in reality the culture there is actually a LOT more relaxed than my city. (Surprisingly, of all the stuff I just listed the thing I missed the most was being able to go for a jog. You might have guessed that I missed a certain meat product the most, but after a year of doing nothing but excercise videos, it was nice to hit the streets with my iPod and running shoes. I am able to walk in a local park in my city, but I don't get quite the same high as I do from taking a run.) We also went to a local garden and took in the beauty. It was nice to just sit in a peaceful environment and catch up on each other's lives. It had been over a year since I had seen these girls, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with these dear friends. Father really used them to minister to my spirit at a time when my heart was discouraged. Thank you Father for making us for community.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.