Friday, May 11, 2012

Milkshakes Are Back... HELP!

What is the perfect summertime treat?  That's right kids, ice cream.  And not just any form of ice cream, but here in our house D and I like to make milkshakes.  So with the surge of hot weather, I have been indulging in some of these special treats.  This week I had a mint Oreo milkshake and a strawberry milkshake which was especially delicious, not quite Braum's quality but still yummy.  The strawberry milkshake made me think of Jorge as I feel like he almost always orders strawberry.  Anyway, right about now you might be confused about the title of this particular post.  Why did A write that she needs help?  It might seem like the return of the milkshake is nothing but good news, but it does pose one small problem, or maybe should I say a big problem.  Last summer, my first in the city, I ate all the milkshakes my heart desired, and then I watched my face swell up like I had been stung by a horde of bees.  Herein lies the problem with eating all the milkshakes.  As I've mentioned before, it is hard, for a variety of reasons such as time, heat and culture, for me to get the exercise that I need.  I have a great walking partner and a nice park to walk in, but I'm afraid the heat will soon push us out.  So here is where you come in to play.  (Disclaimer: In the past, I really have tried not to use my blog as a forum for getting things from you my faithful readers but desperate times call for desperate measures.)  For those of you with old workout DVDs gathering dust on the shelf, please feel free to send them my way.    I'll take anything.  Richard Simmons.  Billy Blanks.  Jane Fonda.  Chuck Norris.  (Do you sense my desperation?)  Seriously though.  8 Minute Abs.  Pilates.  Or PeeWates as my niece likes to call it.  Elle McPherson's My Personal Best (who remembers that?)  I already own 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30, but I'll take basically anything else.  Or instead of sending me your old DVDs, you could spend your time trying to develop a noncaloric milkshake that doesn't taste like nast.  Your call.  Both worthy endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.