Thursday, March 29, 2012

See ya chickens.

So I moved last week.  That's right.  I no longer have chickens painted on my bedroom wall.  I still am living in the same city just in a different part of town.  Moving in any country is stressful but is especially difficult when you are living in a different culture.  The day was crazy.  At about 10 o'clock in the morning 3 movers showed up at the house. The movers brought a small tractor pulling a flatbed and commenced carrying all of our stuff out of the house and piling as much as possible in the back.  Nothing was tied down or wrapped up.  The movers rode in the flatbed to make sure nothing fell out.  I've only moved twice in my adult life, and I'm not really sure about the best strategy.  Imagine me trying to direct the movers in the local language but having no real clue myself about the best way to do things.  Thank goodness a local friend was there to help.  By the end of the day, all of our stuff was in our new place, and we were completely exhausted.  It's been almost two weeks since we moved, and I'm still exhausted from trying to get everything settled.   I'll try and post pictures of the new digs soon, but for now join me in saying a fond farewell to my two constant companions of the last 11 months.  If I'm totally honest, I kind of miss the little guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.