Last weekend I discovered yet another reason to love my city. It's a little thing I like to call the underground aquarium. After months and months of hyping this place to others as a must-see destination, I finally went myself. And let me just say the place totally lived up to its billing. Even though the aquarium has only slightly more fish than your local PETCO, it does have something, a certain je nesais quoi, that I found irresistable. To the untrained eye it might appear to just be 10 oversized fish tanks all lined up together, but in actuality it is a place where wonder abounds and the imagination is swept away to another world. My city's aquarium is not content with simply entertaining, but it takes the next step of educating its patrons as well. On the wall opposited the fish tanks are public service announcements about fish and underwater life. As if that were not enough, the aquarium is attached to a "museum" in which various sea creatures live on forever suspended in a world of formaldehyde. The best part of the whole experience was sharing the moment with people who were as charmed by the aquarium's quirkiness as I. The aquarium sits in the middle of a nice park with a nice view of the city and was the perfect place to sit and debrief after the excitement of the aquarium. It took me almost a full year of living year here to make it to the aquarium, but you can be sure that I won't wait another year before going back. Now when I tell visitors to my city to visit the aquarium, I can encourage them to do so with firsthand knowledge that they will truly see some of the best my city has to offer!
 |
| The entrance is a fish head. How great is that? The exit is the tail. |
.JPG) |
| See what I mean? Entertaining AND Educational! |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.