Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I lift up my eyes to the hills. Where does my help come from?

My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.  Never before has that psalm been more real to me than in the past 3 months.  I've been in a little bit of rough stretch lately, but I have no doubt where my hope lies.  As hard as it has been, I am grateful for the lessons He is teaching me.  Here are some of the things Father has reminded me the past few months. 
  1. In Father's economy nothing is wasted.  He uses everything.  During the trials, Father is faithful to use everything for His glorification and my sanctification. 
  2. His timing is perfect.
  3. Only He is perfect.
  4. He gives grace for the moment.
  5. There is no substitution for time in pr@yer.
  6. Only He is faithful.
  7. My strength and joy are to come from Him alone.
  8. All the shiny baubles of this world are nothing but white bread compared to the lavish feast of his goodness.
  9. Our troubles are small.  They last only for a short time.  But they are earning for us a glory that will last forever.  It is greater than all our troubles. (2 Cor 4:17)
  10. He repairs and mends what is broken.  He brings beauty from ashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.