Monday, January 7, 2013

Never Once

This is my New Year blog, albeit a little late.  I celebrated the dawn of 2013 with good friends around a bonfire.  It was a good time of laughter and fellowship.  At the end of the night we spent time together in pr@yer thanking and praising God for his guidance and faithfulness in 2012 and asking him to bless and do a mighty work in the coming year.  It was awesome to think back over the year's events -  the ups and the downs, the calm and the crazy, all the laughs and all the tears - and see G#d's hand over it all.  In the years to come, the year 2012 will always serve as a reminder of G#d's faithfulness.  In coming hard times, I will always be able to look back to 2012 and say, yeah those were crazy, hard times, but G#d was so faithful so I can believe and not doubt that he will be faithful in this situation too.  The lyrics from the song Never Once by Matt Redman have been playing over in my mind as I've thought about the last year.   This song really sums up how I feel about 2012. 

 Standing on this mountaintop
Looking just how far we’ve come
Knowing that for every step
You were with us

Kneeling on this battle ground
Seeing just how much You’ve done
Knowing every victory
Was Your power in us

Scars and struggles on the way
But with joy our hearts can say
Yes, our hearts can say

Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful


  The New Year's bonfire was one of my favorite times
 from the whole 2 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.