Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Visual Tour

Here is a visual tour of my last 30 days.  The days were busy ones full of friends, holidays, and oh yes, an unexpected surgery.
We stayed up late to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics.  D made this festive cake for the occasion.   All of us agree that it was the weirdest 4 hours of television we had ever seen.  I spent most of the time being confused.  But as it worked out, my surgery meant a lot of time convalescing in a hotel room giving me ample opportunity to watch a lot of the games so that was a special treat.

This month saw the fulfillment of a lifelong dream to have surgery in a foreign country.  This is me in the preop holding area.  The reason I look so calm is because they gave me Xanax, which again fulfilled a dream of mine.  Everything went great, and I walked out of the hospital 8 hours later without any narcotics for the pain, and therein the dream ended.

August saw the end of Annie's time here.  Sad, but I had a great time with her.  I am so thankful that she was able to come, and I am thankful for the people who helped make it possible. 



Here is a pic of the donut I ate in celebration of my country's 65th birthday which I celebrated with gusto this month.  But if I'm going to be straight with you, I don't know what is more exciting to me, the fact that this country has been free and independent from the Britishers for 65 years or the fact that there is now a Dunkin' Donuts in the capital. 





This month I visited some friends as they celebrated a big day in their culture.  Everybody got dressed up for the occasion.  At each house I was fed sweet dishes till I thought I was going to pop.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.