I read in a devotional book this week that thanksgiving opens the heart to rich communion with the Father. It went on to say that as He is the One "from whom all blessings flow, thankfulness is the best way to draw near Him". Giving thanks with intentionality each day is something I need to be better about doing. Reading that devotional, HS convicted me that lately I've been more ready to offer words of criticism and complaint. Being VBS season, I'm reminded of a line from one of my favorite songs. I don't know the title, but it goes a little something like this - Are you humbly grateful or grumbly hateful? What's your attitude? Do you grumble and moan or let it be known you're thankful for all G#d's done for you? I want my attitude to be one of praise and thanksgiving. He has blessed me abundantly, and I want to declare His goodness among the nations. So for the rest of the month I will be sharing with you each day 3 things for which I am thankful.
1. The Body - Father has used His people this week to be an encouragement to my weary soul. Thank you Father for making us for relationship. And thank you to everyone who has sent words of encouragement and support through email and snail mail. My mailman is in awe of the amount of mail I receive. Thank you most of all for lifting me up to Dad.
2. Electricity - I spend a lot of time complaining about the heat, but this week I got a major wake-up call as we were without electric for a day. Yes, it is hot, but Father has graciously provided for me a nice home with ceiling fans, two AC units, and electricity with which to power those devices. Meanwhile millions of others in the state do without. Instead of focusing on what I don't have, today I choose to focus on the gift of electricity which affords me some relief from the dog days of summer.
3. Sleep - Many of you know I haven't been sleeping well the last few months, but in the past week I've noticed some improvements. And last night I slept a full 8 hours without waking. Praise Him!
1. The Body - Father has used His people this week to be an encouragement to my weary soul. Thank you Father for making us for relationship. And thank you to everyone who has sent words of encouragement and support through email and snail mail. My mailman is in awe of the amount of mail I receive. Thank you most of all for lifting me up to Dad.
2. Electricity - I spend a lot of time complaining about the heat, but this week I got a major wake-up call as we were without electric for a day. Yes, it is hot, but Father has graciously provided for me a nice home with ceiling fans, two AC units, and electricity with which to power those devices. Meanwhile millions of others in the state do without. Instead of focusing on what I don't have, today I choose to focus on the gift of electricity which affords me some relief from the dog days of summer.
3. Sleep - Many of you know I haven't been sleeping well the last few months, but in the past week I've noticed some improvements. And last night I slept a full 8 hours without waking. Praise Him!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.