Thursday, June 28, 2012

3 (More) Things

1.  Good Local Friends - I'm thankful for the women that I've grown to know and love over the past year.  These women are always genuinely glad to see me, and whenever we get together (despite the language barrier), we always have a good time laughing and getting to know each other better.  They are concerned about the happenings of my life, both here and back home, and they are always ready to help when I have a question or problem.  They are some of the warmest people I have ever known.  I've been so busy the past two months that I haven't had a lot of time to just go to their homes and visit, but today and yesterday I spent the afternoon sitting with friends, catching up, and laughing.  Father thank you for bringing these friends into my life.

2.  A Good Read - I just finished reading the book Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary G#d by Noel Piper.  This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've read this book, and each time I've blessed by the stories of these women who gave their lives to the cause of Chr!st.  I highly recommend this book especially if you like reading biographies about godly women from different backgrounds and ministry.  I think I have a copy at George and Rose's house if you want to borrow it.  Father, thank you for these women and their lives of service.  Thank you for using their stories along with your Word to teach me.

3.  MANGOES!!!! - I love mangoes!!  Now is the perfect time to feed my mango addiction as they are all over right now.  My country is the largest producer of mangoes in the world.  They come in all sizes, flavors, and colors.  Some are sweeter than others.  Some are sour and are used in chutneys and pickling.  The sweet kind is my favorite.  The juice and fruit are the perfect answer to the hot summer days when I don't feel like eating anything.  I ate 2 today.  I'm trying to eat as many as possible this season because I know once I return to the States, I'll have to pay a lot to get mangoes, and they won't be near this good.  Father, thank you for mangoes. 

The big yellow ones are my favorite.  The smaller green ones were given to me by a friend who has a tree outside her house.  The best way to eat the small ones is to poke a hole in the end and suck out all the juice first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.