Sunday, April 17, 2011

IT BEGINS....

Welcome to my blog.  I'm just learning this thing as I go so bear with me.  As you all know, I don't have facebook - much to my friend Lyndsay's chagrin - so I thought this would be a good way for you all stay to stay up on my life.  Don't let the title fool you though.  I will not be posting daily.  My goal is to post something every week. 
Okay so here is my first post....
Naan is a leavened, oven-baked flatbread.  They serve it here with everything, and it is YUM!  You can order it with melted butter or garlic.  Most meals are ate with the hands so you just tear off a piece of the bread and use it in place of a utensil.  I haven't quite mastered the art of eating with my hands yet, but I'm sure I will get it down.  We all know how I like to eat so my guess is I'll figure it out pretty quick.  I do like the food here.  I've ate a lot of Western food so far because we are still in a big city where it is available so I've been taking advantage.  In the pretty near future, I won't have much access to Western restaurants.  Although I did hear that my city just got a Pizza Hut.  The other day  I went to McDonald's, and there was nothing but chicken on the menu.  They did have diet coke though, and that really hit the spot.
Okay, that is it for now.  I'll try and post a pic soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.