Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Duck Tales

Preface:  I meant to write this blog weeks ago, but as my life is (once again) crazy hectic, the blogging got left till the last 4 days of the month.  Awesome. 

D and I have ducks in our yard.  Correction, we had ducks in our yard.  Three of them.  At first it was exciting and fun.  We thought they were cute.  Now I know better.  They were supposed to be part of Thanksgiving dinner.  However due to outside circumstances, the lucky ducks got a reprieve.  Prior to this experience, I really didn't know anything about ducks.  Now I know everything. Well maybe not everything but certainly the main parts.  They are dirty and loud.  Nothing else is important.  They had been driving me bonkers for the last few days.  Finally yesterday I was at my wit's end, and I whined until some of my friends agree to take the nasty birds and kill them.  Now instead of three ducks in my yard, I have three ducks in my freezer.  If anyone has a good recipe for roasted duck, please let me know.
What you can't tell from this picture is that the ducks have turned our front yard into a mine field.

The only positive thing about the ducks, besides being able to eat them later, is that our neighbor kids loved them.  They would come over everyday to watch the ducks and feed them.

Epilogue: My recent experience with ducks brought back memories of the TV show Duck Tales.  I used to love this show so I decided to look up the lyrics to the theme song.  This song is tighter than I remember and full of some great public service messages.  For example: D-d-d-d-danger right behind you.  There's a stranger out to find you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.