Monday, April 23, 2012

How did I not know this sooner?

So I'm standing in line today at the bank waiting to pay my electric bill, and there are about 15 men in front of me and at least 4 behind me.  Then I notice this one auntie march herself right up to the front.  Now in my head, I start to go off once again about how people are constantly cutting in line here, but then I just let it go.  I mean no point getting upset about it after all.  After about 20 minutes of standing in line and making only marginal progress toward the front, one of the uncles next to me says - you know, you don't  have to wait in line.  Thinking I have misunderstood due to some rusty language skills, I ask him to repeat what he said.  The next thing I know all these men are all telling me the same thing - I am a woman, and therefore I do not have to wait in line.  Awesome.  Best news ever.  I take back every bad thing I've ever said about this culture.  Now the only thing I'm upset about is why it took me practically a year to figure this out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.