This is my first Christmas away from home. It's weird to be in a place that doesn't have trees on every corner and where the radio stations aren't blaring the holiday tunes. I actually keep having to remind myself that it is even Christmas time. So that's a little weird. But it's good too because it has helped me keep my mind on what the season is really about. D and I decorated the ole homestead this past week. It looks pretty good if I do say so myself. We don't have a lot of decorations, but the few lights we have go a long way to making the place a little more festive.
My idea for this blog is simple. Father has promised to meet all of our needs - day by day. As I live this life He has called me to, I am simply going to take one day at a time. I am trusting Him to give me each day my daily bread. I know He will show himself faithful.
Sunday, December 4, 2011
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
This is my first Christmas away from home. It's weird to be in a place that doesn't have trees on every corner and where the radio stations aren't blaring the holiday tunes. I actually keep having to remind myself that it is even Christmas time. So that's a little weird. But it's good too because it has helped me keep my mind on what the season is really about. D and I decorated the ole homestead this past week. It looks pretty good if I do say so myself. We don't have a lot of decorations, but the few lights we have go a long way to making the place a little more festive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.