Friday, October 21, 2011

It's all Greek to me...

Language learning is maybe the hardest thing I've ever done.  And that is really saying something because I've taken the NCLEX, climbed Nancy's roof, hiked mountains in the PRC, beat Matt at 1-on-1, been a coach at Grand Oaks Kids Camp, given birth... Oh wait, no I haven't given birth.  But still, you get my point.  Learning a new language is H-A-R-D!  I've studied my new language for 6 months now, and there are days when it seems like I don't know anything more than when I first started.  People keep telling me that I'm doing fine.  I'm trying to believe them, but that is hard to do when you feel like everyone is laughing at you every time you talk.  There are some phrases I've completely mastered.  Phrases like - "I don't understand." "I don't know"  "Please say that again."  "No, I'm not married."  "No, I don't know when I will get married."  (It turns out people here are just as troubled/bewildered about my marital status as people back home.  Awesome.)  BUT... Even though it is hard, I am determined to persevere. 

Father, I recognize that you are the one who made all languages.  Father, You are worthy to be praised in every language.  Father, help me to endure in learning this language so that I might tell people about your grace, power, and might.  I know that one day there will be people who speak this tongue worshipping around your throne.  May that day come quickly.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.