In my conservative town, there are not a lot of great places to meet and socialize with women outside of the home. The shops, produce stands, offices, and even women's clothing stores almost always employ only men. It is inappropriate for me, as an unmarried woman, to have that much interaction with men beyond what is necessary for me to conduct my business. The one place I can always count on meeting women is at the beauty parlor. There are at least 5 to 6 beauty parlors in every section of town. There are several within walking distance of my house. The beauty parlor is a great place to go to build relationships and practice language, and I try to visit one every week. Most shops are air conditioned, and the nice thing is I can just go and sit and talk without having to have something done every time. Although the prices on facials, waxing, etc. are really great here so I indulge fairly often. My favorite thing is to have my eyebrows threaded. Some of you have probably heard me talk about this, but for those of you who have know idea what that means, I will now explain. Threading is a method of hair removal using a thin, twisted cotton string to pull hair out at the follicle level. (Thank you Wikipedia for that awesome definition.) Basically a piece of string is pulled tight over the hair to pull it out. For those of you who are confused, see pictures posted below. Please lift the women I meet and talk with at the beauty parlors up to the Father. Ask for deeper relationships and opportunities to share GN.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.