Okay so I've always been of the opinion that the BLT is the perfect summer food. That's part of what I love about summer - eating a BLT while sitting on my parents' back deck, imagining the pool they will have one day. (I also love sitting at the K and eating a brat.) Anyway, I basically had resigned myself to neither of those things happening in the next 2 years. And then....a package from my friend Annie arrived at my house. Inside was the most beautiful of all inventions - precooked BACON. That's right people! BACON! A food my lips had not tasted for the past 2 months. That very day I made myself a BCT -Bacon, Cabbage, and Tomato sandwich. (We don't have lettuce here.) It was delicious! While it wasn't as good as if I had ate it at G & Rs house, it was still pretty great. Thank you Father for Annie, mail, and bacon! P.S. Be on the lookout for my post about the arrival of cherry season. I've already made some yummy cherry apple crisp and am now contemplating making cherry pie. Has anyone noticed how my most recent posts have a lot to do with food?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.