Wednesday, May 4, 2011

There goes the neighborhood...

So this past weekend my friend and I went and introduced ourselves to some of the neighbors.  We live in  what is considered to be an upper-middle class neighborhood so it is more likely that someone in the home will speak English.  This is what we were banking on as we still know very little of the language.  (I started language learning full time this week.  I'm sure there will be many blogs about this fun task in the future.)  At both homes we were welcomed in with open arms and immediately served food and drink.  The culture here is so warm and hospitable.  We talked for a little while, and they told us where we could get certain things in the neighborhood.   Everyone offered to help us if we ever need anything or have a problem.  We took little snacks to give out - Coke, juice, and some snack chips.  It was nice to get out and meet people, and hopefully we will be able to have more interactions with these families in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.