Last night I went to some friends' house for the evening. These new friends took me out and taught me how to buy groceries in my new country. Then we went back to their house and cooked it up. Shopping and cooking take much more here time and effort here because it often requires going to several different shops and markets to get all the ingredients. Plus there is some additional cleaning and prep work that has to be done to some of the food to make it safe enough to eat. My favorite part of the meal was the dessert. (My guess is that surprises no one.) What I loved most about the dessert is that it is quick and easy and doesn't require an oven. I've attached the recipe in case any of you want to give it a try. It's not as good as say my Grandma's peach cobbler, but it definitely hit the spot. I'm thankful for new friends here who can teach me and help me adjust to life here. I was starting to get a little overwhelmed with all I needed to learn and do in the coming days, weeks, and months so it was nice to have an evening to relax with some new friends. What a nice evening of fun, food, and fellowship. Thank you Father for giving me exactly what I needed.
1 can condensed milk
6T cocoa
3T butter
Plain Cookies - like vanilla wafers, graham crackers, or something similar
Heat milk, cocoa, and butter on stove top. Bring to a boil and stir continuously for 8 min. As it thickens, turn down the heat. Take off heat and add crumbled cookies. Pour into pan and let firm. You can place it in the freezer for a while if you want it to firm up faster.
1 can condensed milk
6T cocoa
3T butter
Plain Cookies - like vanilla wafers, graham crackers, or something similar
Heat milk, cocoa, and butter on stove top. Bring to a boil and stir continuously for 8 min. As it thickens, turn down the heat. Take off heat and add crumbled cookies. Pour into pan and let firm. You can place it in the freezer for a while if you want it to firm up faster.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.